Generally speaking, many programs of interior design have had a gender imbalance in the student population. As a case in point, the interior design program at Arizona State University (ASU) is at present ninety percent female. While other design programs such as architecture or industrial design have achieved gender balance, interior design has not. This research explores the reasons why male students are not enrolling in the interior design program at ASU and to what degree gender influences the selection of a major.
Download count: 0
- Gender Studies
- Interior decoration--Study and teaching (Higher)--Psychological aspects.
- Interior decoration
- Sex differences in education--Psychological aspects.
- Sex differences in education
- Male college students--Psychology.
- Male college students
- Partial requirement for: M.S.D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 32-33)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Design