This dissertation is a qualitative study based on the experiences of five high schoolers and five college-aged students who grew up in Erie, Pennsylvania, and participated in theatrical productions within their schools, churches, the Erie Playhouse Youtheatre, and other community theatres. The author begins with an introduction of the theatrical scene in Erie and explains the options available to these youth during the times they performed, so the reader will have a better understanding of the background of these young people.
Download count: 0
- performing arts
- Performing Arts education
- Community Theatre
- High School Theatre
- Youth theatre
- Theater and youth--Pennsylvania--Erie--Psychological aspects.
- Theater and youth
- High school students--Pennsylvania--Erie--Psychology.
- High School Students
- College students--Pennsylvania--Erie--Psychology.
- College students
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 133-135)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Theater