There is growing concern over the future availability of water for electricity generation. Because of a rapidly growing population coupled with an arid climate, the Western United States faces a particularly acute water/energy challenge, as installation of new electricity capacity is expected to be required in the areas with the most limited water availability.
Download count: 0
- Environmental engineering
- electricity grid
- virtual water
- Water-power--West (U.S.)--Management.
- Water-supply--West (U.S.)--Management.
- Water demand management--West (U.S.)
- Water demand management
- Drought management--West (U.S.)
- Drought management
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 82-88)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Civil and environmental engineering