The purpose of this study was to explore and report on the impact of coaching as an embedded part of professional development has on teacher learning and practice in the context of educating English Language Learners (ELLs). A close examination was made of what teachers, coaches and principals believe to be effective professional development and how the relationship between a coach and teacher affects understanding of and classroom practice with a specific population of students.
Download count: 0
- English as a Second Language
- Education, Elementary
- Coaching Teachers
- Professional Development
- Elementary school teachers--In-service training--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Elementary school teachers
- Mentoring in education--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Mentoring in education
- Limited English-proficient students--Education--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Limited English-proficient students
- English language--Study and teaching--Arizona--Phoenix--Foreign speakers.
- English language
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-133)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision