The purpose of this study is to explore the local life stories of five youths in Belize City, Belize as they experience satellite mediated programming from Black Entertainment Television (BET). It illuminates the manner in which social imagination plays a role in the liberatory practices of the Kriol youth in Belize City, Belize by documenting their life histories in relation to their interactions with BET.
Download count: 0
- General Education
- Social Sciences Education
- Cultural Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Curriculum Studies
- Youth, Black--Race identity--Belize--Belize City.
- Youth, Black
- Television programs--Social aspects--Belize--Belize City.
- Television programs
- Television broadcasting--Social aspects--Belize--Belize City.
- Television broadcasting
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 193-203)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction