This qualitative study explores the learning experiences of two first-grade teachers in a progressive public elementary school in the southwestern U.S. Participants inquired into their literacy instruction practices within their reading-workshops. Weekly inquiry group conversations between teachers and researcher informed a perspective of learning as participation.
Download count: 0
- General Education
- Teacher Education
- Language arts
- affect in learning
- holistic literacy instruction
- in-service teachers
- qualitative case study
- teacher learning
- Elementary school teachers--In-service training--Case studies.
- Elementary school teachers
- Inquiry-based learning--Case studies.
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Learning, Psychology of--Case studies.
- Affect (Psychology)--Case studies.
- Affect (Psychology)
- Literacy--Study and teaching--Case studies.
- Reading--Case studies.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 190-199)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (Language and literacy)