This project explores the current building and land use within the South Mountain Village (SMV) area. The South Central Light Rail extension corridor serves as a focus area, including a half mile radius around each of the five proposed light rail stations. Research of the area included analyzing SMV demographic information, analyzing land use and zoning, conducting a site visit, researching case studies, and information on current City of Phoenix, and other transit oriented development plans. Based on the research and case studies, recommendations and propositions are made for:
1. The implementation of a community-based transit oriented development.
2. The integration of green infrastructure and urban agriculture.
3. Best land management practices.
4. Policy to ensure appropriate and sustainable planning for the future.
Included in this item (2)
- Identifier ValueASU-METIS-2018-003-CPR