Driving under the influence (DUI) is a problem in American society that has received considerable attention over recent decades from local police agencies, lobby groups, and the news media. While punitive policies, administrative sanctions and aggressive media campaigns to deter drinking and driving have been used in the past, less conventional methods to restructure or modify the urban environment to discourage drunk driving have been underused. Explanations with regard to DUIs are policy driven more often than they are guided by criminological theory.
Download count: 0
- Binge Drinking
- Drinking and driving
- Light Rail
- public transit
- Drunk driving--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area--Prevention.
- Drunk driving
- Street-railroads--Social aspects--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- College students--Transportation--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- College students
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 33-40)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Criminology and criminal justice