This project features three new pieces for clarinet commissioned from three different composers. Two are for unaccompanied clarinet and one is for clarinet, bass clarinet, and laptop. These pieces are Storm's a Comin' by Chris Burton, Light and Shadows by Theresa Martin, and My Own Agenda by Robbie McCarthy. These three solos challenge the performer in various ways including complex rhythm, use of extended techniques such as growling, glissando, and multiphonics, and the incorporation of technology into a live performance.
Download count: 0
- Recorded music lacking
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Music
- Contains: Burton, Chris (Composer). Storm's a comin'
- Contains: Martin, Theresa, 1979- Light and shadows
- Contains: McCarthy, Robbie, 1989- My own agenda