The solo repertoire from the Light Music Era serves as an important link between the Classical and Jazz soloist traditions. These characteristics are best highlighted through an analysis of three solo transcriptions: Felix Arndt's Nola as performed by Al Gallodoro, Rudy Wiedoeft's Valse Vanité, as performed by Freddy Gardener, and Jimmy Dorsey's Oodles of Noodles, as performed by Al Gallodoro.
Download count: 0
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical resourcesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Music
- Contains: Arndt, Felix, 1889-1918. Nola; arranged
- Contains: Wiedoeft, Rudy. Valse vanité
- Contains: Dorsey, Jimmy, 1904-1957. Oodles of noodles