New works for the bass clarinet as a solo instrument are uncommon. In the interest of expanding the repertoire of the bass clarinet, three new works for bass clarinet were commissioned from three different composers, all with different instrumentations. The resulting works are Industrial Strength for bass clarinet and piano by Kenji Bunch; Dark Embers for two bass clarinets by Theresa Martin; and Shovelhead for bass clarinet and interactive electronics by Steven Snowden.
Download count: 0
- Bass clarinet
- dark embers
- industrial strength
- Bass clarinet music--Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.)
- Bass clarinet music
- Bass clarinet and piano music--Scores.
- Bass clarinet and piano music
- Bass clarinet and electronic music--Scores.
- Bass clarinet and electronic music
- Bass clarinet music (Bass clarinets (2))--Scores.
- Bass clarinet music (Bass clarinets (2))
- Recordings lacking
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Music
- Contains: Bunch, Kenji, 1973- Industrial strength
- Contains: Martin, Theresa, 1979- Dark embers
- Contains: Snowden, Steven, 1981- Shovelhead