Despite a quickly growing repertoire list for the brass quintet, the music of the early Argentine tango has remained relatively neglected by brass quintet arrangers and performers. With the goal of bringing a neglected art form to the brass quintet repertoire, three arrangements based on early twentieth century Argentine tango songs are presented here: "Elegante Papirusa" by Tito Roccatagliata, "A La Gran Muñeca" by Jesús Ventura, and "La Cotorrita" by Samuel Castriota.
Download count: 0
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 34-35)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Music
- Contains: Roccatagliata, Tito. Elegante papirusa; arranged
- Contains: Ventura, Jesús. A la gran muñeca; arranged
- Contains: Castriota, Samuel, 1885-1932. La cotorrita; ; arranged