Gus Edwards, Professor of Theater and Films, retired from ASU in 2010. Gus first came to ASU as Playwright in Residence in 1984-86 and returned as an Associate Professor in 1988.
In the interview Gus talks about growing up in St. Thomas and moving to New York City in 1959. Gus goes on to discuss:
• Living and Working in New York
• Becoming a Playwright culminating with presentation of “The Offering” performed by the Negro Ensemble Company.
• His Academic Career teaching theater at ASU
• His thought about writing
• His experiences teaching film, the creation of a Film School, and Running Wild Films
• Challenges, the need for University’s to promote experimental work, and the need to follow your passion
Download count: 0
- Interview Crew Interviewer – Bonnie Eckard Camera – John McIntosh Audio – Roger Carter Director – Linda Van Scoy Interview Crew – Dave Scheatzle Video Editor – Barry McNeill
Citation and reuse
Cite this item
This is a suggested citation. Consult the appropriate style guide for specific citation guidelines.
Edwards. Gus, Interview. 14 Nov. 2019. ASURA Video History Project. © Arizona Board of Regents. https://repository.asu.edu/items/55326