This study investigates how the teaching English as an international language (TEIL) framework can be integrated into the English curriculum of the Korea Military Academy (KMA). Addressing the research gap on TEIL and military settings, this study first critically reviews issues around the varieties of English (i.e., world Englishes), the international functions of English, and the pedagogical implications of TEIL in today’s globalizing world.
Download count: 0
- English as a Second Language
- curriculum development
- English as a Lingua Franca (ELF)
- English as a Military Lingua Franca (EMLF)
- English as an International Language (EIL)
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Teaching English as an International Language (TEIL)
- World Englishes (WE)
- English language--Study and teaching--Korean speakers.
- English language
- Military education--Curricula--Korea (South).
- Military education
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2019Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 112-118)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: English