Today, we use resources faster than they can be replaced. Construction consumes more resources than any other industry and has one of the largest waste streams. Resource consumption and waste generation are expected to grow as the global population increases. The circular economy (CE) is based on the concept of a closed-loop cycle (CLC) and proposes a solution that, in theory, can eliminate the environmental impacts caused by construction and demolition (C&D) waste and increase the efficiency of resources’ use.
Download count: 0
- Building materials
- circular economy
- Design for disassembly
- life cycle assessment
- Construction industry--Environmental aspects--United States.
- Construction industry
- Sustainable architecture--United States.
- sustainable architecture
- Sustainable design--United States.
- sustainable design
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 126-134)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Civil, environmental and sustainable engineering