Globalization has brought a renewed interest in the discourses of the past and national/ethnic identities that has been reflected in the cultural production and the social sciences around the globe. Historical novel (and their sequel telenovelas), a literary field closely linked to historiography, reflects, and has contributed to (re)shape the discourses of the past and identity in Latin America. Since the first decades of the 19th century until nowadays, Colombian novelists have explored Colombian identity through historical novels.
Download count: 0
- Latin American literature
- Latin American Studies
- Latin American History
- Colombian literature
- Historical Novel
- Purity of Blood
- Colonization in literature
- Colombian fiction--21st century--History and criticism.
- Colombian fiction
- Historical fiction, Colombian--History and criticism.
- Historical fiction, Colombian
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-211)Note typebibliography
- Spanish and EnglishNote typelanguage
- Field of study: International letters and cultures