Indigenous students have not been achieving their educational goals similar to other racial and ethnic groups. In 2008 Native American students completed a bachelor's degree at a rate of 38.3% the lowest rate of all racial and ethnic groups and lower than the national average of 57.2%. The high attrition rate of Native students in post-secondary education, nationally, suggests that on-going colonization may be to blame.
Download count: 0
- Native American Studies
- American Indian Studies
- community college
- Indians of North America--Education (Higher)--United States.
- Indians of North America
- Indian college students--Services for--United States.
- Indian college students
- Culturally relevant pedagogy--United States.
- Culturally relevant pedagogy
- Academic achievement--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ed.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-157)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies