Guided by Tinto’s Theory of College Student Departure, I conducted a set of five studies to identify factors that influence students’ social integration in college science active learning classes. These studies were conducted in large-enrollment college science courses and some were specifically conducted in undergraduate active learning biology courses.
Download count: 0
- science education
- Science--Study and teaching (Higher)--Psychological aspects.
- Active learning--Psychological aspects.
- Active learning
- Sexual minority college students--Education (Higher)--Psychological aspects.
- Sexual minority college students
- Social integration--Psychological aspects.
- Social integration
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 245-266)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Biology