This research develops heuristics to manage both mandatory and optional network capacity reductions to better serve the network flows. The main application discussed relates to transportation networks, and flow cost relates to travel cost of users of the network. Temporary mandatory capacity reductions are required by maintenance activities.
Download count: 0
- Operations Research
- Braess Paradox
- Capacity Management
- Network Maintenance Scheduling
- System Optimum
- User Equilibrium
- Braess' paradox
- Commercial vehicles
- Automated Vehicles
- Motor vehicles
- Roads--Maintenance and repair--Management.
- Highway capacity--Management.
- Highway capacity
- Traffic flow--Management.
- Traffic flow
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages167-198)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Industrial engineering