This project examines how writing teachers of multilingual students conceptualize their pedagogical practices. Specifically, it draws on work in teacher cognition research to examine the nature of teacher knowledge and the unique characteristics of this knowledge specific to the teaching of second language writing. Seeing teacher knowledge as something embedded in teachers’ practices and their articulation of the goals of these practices, this project uses case studies of four writing instructors who teach multilingual students of First-Year Composition (FYC).
Download count: 0
- English as a Second Language
- Teacher Education
- first-year composition
- Second Language Writing
- Teacher Cognition
- teacher knowledge
- English language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers--Psychological aspects.
- English language
- English language--Rhetoric--Study and teaching--Psychological aspects.
- Language teachers--Psychology.
- Language teachers
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 89-97)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Linguistics and applied linguistics