City governments are increasingly incorporating urban and peri-urban agriculture into their policies and programs, a trend seen as advancing sustainability, development, and food security. Urban governance can provide new opportunities for farmers, but it also creates structures to control their activities, lands, and purposes.
Download count: 0
- public policy
- Climate Change Adaptation
- food system sustainability
- Political Economy
- sustainability governance
- urban and peri-urban agriculture
- urban-rural interface
- Urban agriculture--Mexico--Mexico City.
- Urban Agriculture
- Sustainable agriculture--Mexico--Mexico City.
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Farms, Small--Government policy--Mexico--Mexico City.
- Farms, Small
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-160)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Sustainability