Employees are directly involved in work tasks and processes which are necessary to accomplish unit or organizational goals, and accordingly, they may become aware of key mistakes, slips, and failures that are unbeknownst to the leader or supervisor responsible for the work unit or organization. Given that errors or deviations in work tasks or processes can have far-reaching effects within the organization, it may be essential for employees to share bad news with their leader or supervisor so that steps can be taken to address the issue or ameliorate negative consequences.
Download count: 0
- Business Administration
- Challenge appraisal
- Hindrance appraisal
- Sharing bad news
- Social exchange
- Speaking up
- Communication in industrial relations--Psychological aspects.
- Communication in industrial relations
- Communication in organizations--Psychological aspects.
- Communication in organizations
- Supervision--Psychological aspects.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 124-138)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Business administration