In this study, I investigate how secondary reclassified ELLs use the Learning Management System Schoology in three secondary English classrooms. Particularly, I focus on the digital literacy practices reclassified ELLs use as they navigate Schoology to complete a multi-page research paper. In examining the digital literacy practices of secondary reclassified ELLs who have recently exited the language development program, I add to research in the fields of New Literacies and Multiliteracies, sociocultural approaches to learning, and identity studies.
Download count: 0
- English as a Second Language
- Digital Literacies
- English Language Learners
- Learning Management System
- Education, Secondary
- English--Study and teaching (Secondary)--Foreign speakers.
- English--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers--Computer-assisted instruction.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 194-207)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction