Teacher mobility is a policy issue that affects students and school across the country. Despite a long-standing body of research related to teacher mobility, relatively little is known about how teacher-school pairings affect teachers’ decisions to stay at or leave their schools. Therefore, this study tested a model of teacher-school fit with a focus on the value that teachers and principals place on standardized test scores. Survey responses were collected from 382 K-8th grade public school teachers from 22 schools in two school districts.
Download count: 0
- Education Policy
- Educational Administration
- Person-Environment Fit
- Standardized test scores
- Teacher mobility
- Teacher-school fit
- Educational tests and measurements--United States.
- Teachers--Job satisfaction--United States.
- Teachers--United States--Psychology.
- Teachers--United States--Attitudes.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 82-90)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies