Latino youth have substantially higher rates of obesity and T2D than their white peers. The higher prevalence of obesity and T2D among Latino youth places them at greater risk for cognitive dysfunction, an urgent and serious health threat to the United States. Exercise has been the cornerstone to combat the negative effects of obesity, diabetes and recent research also supports this effects for preventing cognitive dysfunction.
Download count: 0
- Health Sciences
- Cognitive Function
- Latino Youth
- Lifestyle Intervention
- Biochemical markers
- Health Promotion
- Diabetes in adolescence
- Exercise--Physiological aspects.
- Hispanic American youth--Health and hygiene.
- Hispanic American youth
- Overweight teenagers--Health and hygiene.
- Overweight teenagers
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 33-44)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Excercise and wellness