Increasingly, wildfires are threatening communities, forcing evacuations, damaging property, and causing loss of life. This is in part due to a century of wildfire policy and an influx of people moving to the wildland urban interface (WUI). National programs have identified and promoted effective wildfire mitigation actions to reduce wildfire risk; yet, many homeowners do not perform these actions.
Download count: 0
- Social Psychology
- public policy
- Social Research
- Homeowner Association
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Wildland Urban Interface
- Prediction (Psychology)
- Wildfires--Arizona--Prescott--Prevention and control.
- Homeowners' associations--Arizona--Prescott.
- Homeowners' Associations
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-184)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Community resources and development