Through a two study simulation design with different design conditions (sample size at level 1 (L1) was set to 3, level 2 (L2) sample size ranged from 10 to 75, level 3 (L3) sample size ranged from 30 to 150, intraclass correlation (ICC) ranging from 0.10 to 0.50, model complexity ranging from one predictor to three predictors), this study intends to provide general guidelines about adequate sample sizes at three levels under varying ICC conditions for a viable three level HLM analysis (e.g., reasonably unbiased and accurate parameter estimates).
Download count: 0
- Quantitative psychology
- Effect Intercept Terms
- Fixed Effect Slope Terms
- Residual Variance Terms,Residual Covariance Terms
- Effect of intraclass correlation on sample Size
- Hierarchical Linear Models
- Longitudinal Three-Level Models
- Sample Size
- Three-level HLM analysis
- Correlation (Statistics)--Mathematical models.
- Correlation (Statistics)
- Sampling (Statistics)--Mathematical models.
- Sampling (Statistics)
- Longitudinal method--Mathematical models.
- Longitudinal method
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 166-168)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational psychology