Armed violence is a contemporary global challenge especially in the developing world. It impacts immigration policies locally and internationally. Uganda experienced a twenty-four year -long civil armed conflict, which the president of Uganda declared ended in 2008. Following government instruction, displaced persons have been returning home since then. Despite this official closure, in the course of resettlement, youth specific needs and concerns have been ignored.
Download count: 0
- Gender Studies
- Peace Studies
- Sub Saharan Africa studies
- ARMED VIOLENCE
- Humanitarian assistance
- YOUTH BULGE
- Girls--Uganda--Northern Province--Social conditions.
- Internally displaced persons--Uganda--Northern Province--Social conditions.
- Internally displaced persons
- Postwar reconstruction--Social aspects--Uganda--Northern Province.
- Postwar reconstruction
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 210-221)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Gender studies