In the years following Lance Freeman’s seminal study, There Goes the ‘Hood: Views of Gentrification from the Ground Up (2006), the literature about how Black residents experience gentrification and its impacts on education, agency, and life has grown only slightly, and tends to explore gentrification as a class-based phenomenon. Yet, in America, race is inextricably linked to economics and geographical space.
Download count: 0
- Social Research
- Black Studies
- Critical Race Theory
- Social Transformation
- Gentrification--Social aspects.
- African American neighborhoods--Ohio--Columbus.
- African American neighborhoods
- African Americans--Ohio--Columbus--Social conditions.
- African Americans
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 120-126)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational Leadership and Policy Studies