A core reform area of President Obama’s Race to the Top (RTT) framework, the Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) program, offered funding to states for the development of their own data systems. As a result, Arizona received funding to build a longitudinal student data system. However the targeted audience—teachers—needed training to move from a state of ‘data rich but information poor’ to one of developing actionable knowledge.
Download count: 0
- Change Theory
- Data Informed Decision Making
- Online Communities of Practice
- Professional Development
- Root cause analysis
- Situated Learning Theory
- Teachers--In-service training--United States.
- Quantitative research--Study and teaching--United States.
- Quantitative research
- Decision making--Study and teaching--United States.
- decision making
- Internet in education--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ed.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 69-72)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation