The increasingly recurrent extraordinary flood events in the metropolitan area of Monterrey, Mexico have led to significant stakeholder interest in understanding the hydrologic response of the Santa Catarina watershed to extreme events. This study analyzes a flood mitigation strategy proposed by stakeholders through a participatory workshop and are assessed using two hydrological models: The Hydrological Modeling System (HEC-HMS) and the Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN)-based Real-time Integrated Basin Simulator (tRIBS).
Download count: 0
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Extreme event
- Flood mitigation
- Hydraulic infrastructure
- Hydrologic modelling
- Level pool routing
- Natural disasters--Mexico--Santa Catarina River (Nuevo León)
- natural disasters
- Flood control--Mexico--Santa Catarina River (Nuevo León)--Evaluation.
- Flood control
- Watershed management--Mexico--Santa Catarina (Nuevo León)--Evaluation.
- Watershed management
- Hydraulic structures--Mexico--Santa Catarina River (Nuevo León)
- Hydraulic structures
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-114)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Environmental engineering