This study situated a lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) softball league within the logic of homonormativity and queer futurity and explored how community and identity were constituted, practiced, negotiated, and problematized. The project endeavored to address the questions: What is the meaning and significance of community for the League participants? To what extent and how does participation in the League affect gender and sexual identity discourse and practice?
Download count: 0
- GLBT Studies
- Sexual minorities--Psychology.
- Sexual minorities
- Gender identity--Social aspects.
- Gender Identity
- Sexual minority community--Social aspects.
- Sexual minority community
- Minorities in sports--Social aspects.
- Minorities in sports
- Softball--Social aspects.
- Sports--Sociological aspects.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 153-165)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Recreation and tourism studies