The purpose of this study was to implement Tier 1 universal expectations and Tier 2 secondary preventions, using a School-wide Positive Behavior Supports (SWPBS) problem-solving framework with fidelity in a culturally and linguistically diverse urban elementary school. A mixed-method design was used to address the following three research questions. How can school leadership teams design and implement Tier 1 and Tier 2 supports with fidelity in an urban elementary school?
Download count: 0
- Special Education
- Behavioral Sciences
- Educational leadership
- Behavior Supports Implementation
- Collaborative Leadership
- Mixed Methods
- School Implementation of Behavior Supports
- Social Skills Interventions
- Universal Expectations
- Problem children--Education (Elementary)--United States.
- Problem children
- Social skills--Study and teaching--United States.
- Social skills in children--United States.
- Social skills in children
- Urban schools--Curricula--United States.
- Urban schools
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 96-106)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction