The utopian impulse represents hope for another world; a reflection of the injustices inherent to the hegemonic order that are understood as natural, necessary, desirable, and unchangeable. Those who challenge this orthodoxy are heretical utopians; pioneers of the counterintuitive who explore the types of relations that rather than reproduce the dominant order, shatter it, and manifest new ones based upon principles of justice.
Download count: 0
- Cultural Anthropology
- Classical literature
- Social Psychology
- Cultural Imaginary
- Culture of Resistance
- Prefigurative Politics
- Radical Imagination
- United States
- Utopian socialism
- Social movements--United States.
- Social justice--United States.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 118-122)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Justice studies