An underrepresentation of females exists in the STEM fields. In order to tackle this issue, work begins early in the education of young women to ensure they are interested and have the confidence to gain a career in the STEM fields. It is important to engage girls in STEM opportunities in and out of school to ignite their interest and build their confidence. Brigid Barron's learning ecology perspective shows that girls pursuing STEM outside of the classroom is critical to their achievement in the STEM pipeline.
Download count: 0
- science education
- Mathematics--Study and teaching (Middle school)--United States.
- Science--Study and teaching (Middle school)--United States.
- Middle school students--Education--United States.
- Middle school students
- Schoolgirls--Education--United States.
- After-school programs--United States.
- After-School Programs
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 77-82)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision