This action research study focused on the beginning teacher attrition issues plaguing schools today. Specifically, this project explored a way to support out-of-state beginning teachers, who are traditionally difficult to retain. While there is literature on teacher retention, the retention of out-of-state teachers has not been well examined. Maslow's hierarchy of needs theory and Bandura's self-efficacy theories provided a foundational understanding of this group's needs.
Download count: 0
- Educational Administration
- Teacher Education
- Educational Psychology
- beginning teacher retention
- digital narratives
- hierarchy of needs
- Reflective teaching
- Digital Storytelling
- First year teachers--Arizona--Psychology.
- First year teachers
- School sites--Arizona--Psychological aspects.
- School sites
- Teaching--Arizona--Psychological aspects.
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 132-143)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation