In riparian ecosystems, reptiles and amphibians are good indicators of environmental conditions. Herpetofauna have been linked to specific microhabitat characteristics, microclimates, and water resources in riparian forests. My objective was to relate herpetofauna abundance to changes in riparian habitat along the Virgin River caused by the Tamarix biological control agent, Diorhabda carinulata, and riparian restoration.
Download count: 0
- Natural Resource Management
- Wildlife Management
- Biological pest control agents
- Amphibians--Effect of habitat modification on--Mojave Desert.
- Reptiles--Effect of habitat modification on--Mojave Desert.
- Saltcedar--Mojave Desert.
- Stream ecology--Mojave Desert.
- Stream Ecology
- Desert ecology--Mojave Desert.
- Desert ecology
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 30-35)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Biological sciences