This thesis explores the role of film industry boosterism in Arizona from 1911 to 2014; it argues that boosters consistently employed film as a promotional tool toward building state identity for Arizona. These boosters harnessed a variety of strategies catered specifically to a combination of personal interests and historical circumstances. Consequently, their efforts produced a variety of identities for Arizona that changed over time as new generations of boosters addressed different concerns.
Download count: 0
- Film Studies
- Motion picture industry--Arizona--History.
- Motion picture industry
- Motion picture locations--Arizona--History.
- Motion picture locations
- Western films--Arizona--History.
- Western films
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-172)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: History