Teaching evolution has been shown to be a challenge for faculty, in both K-12 and postsecondary education. Many of these challenges stem from perceived conflicts not only between religion and evolution, but also faculty beliefs about religion, it's compatibility with evolutionary theory, and it's proper role in classroom curriculum. Studies suggest that if educators engage with students' religious beliefs and identity, this may help students have positive attitudes towards evolution.
Download count: 0
- Adult Education
- Evolution & development
- Conceptual Change
- Evolution (Biology)--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Evolution (Biology)
- Biology teachers--Attitudes.
- Biology teachers
- College teachers--Attitudes.
- College teachers
- Evolution--Religious aspects.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 49-55)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Biology