Mexican-origin adolescent females have the highest birthrate of all other ethnic groups in the U.S. Further, teen mothers are at significant risk for poor outcomes, including low educational attainment. Therefore, examining predictors of Mexican-origin teen mothers' educational attainment was the main goal of the current study. Future-oriented beliefs such as educational aspirations and expectations are suggested to have positive implications for adolescents' educational attainment in general.
Download count: 0
- Educational Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Ethnic Identity
- Teen motherhood
- Mexican Americans--Ethnic identity.
- Mexican American mothers--Education--Social aspects--United States.
- Mexican American mothers
- Teenage mothers--Education--Social aspects--United States.
- Teenage mothers
- Student aspirations--United States.
- Student aspirations
- Academic achievement--United States.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 45-54)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Family resources and human development