Grassland habitat restoration activities are occurring within the semi-arid grasslands of the Agua Fria National Monument located 65 km north of Phoenix, AZ. The goal of these restoration activities is to reduce woody species encroachment, remove lignified plant materials and recycle nutrients within the ecosystem thus improving range conditions for both wildlife species and livestock. Broadcast burning, juniper thinning and slash pile burns are the principle tools used to accomplish resource objectives.
Download count: 0
- Natural Resource Management
- Disturbance Response
- Shrubby Buckwheat
- Grassland restoration--Arizona--Agua Fria National Monument.
- Grassland restoration
- Vegetation management--Arizona--Agua Fria National Monument.
- Vegetation management
- Prescribed burning--Arizona--Agua Fria National Monument.
- Prescribed burning
- Junipers--Ecology--Arizona--Agua Fria National Monument.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 26-29)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Applied biological sciences