Research regarding social competence is growing rapidly, but there remain a few aspects of social development that merit more attention. The presented pair of studies were planned to address two such areas in the social development literature, specifically the longitudinal trajectories of social competence and the role of social competence in second language development in language minority (LM) students.
Download count: 0
- Developmental Psychology
- English as a Second Language
- Interpersonal skills
- social competence
- Second Language Acquisition
- Social skills in children--United States.
- Social skills in children
- Linguistic minorities--Education (Elementary)--United States.
- Linguistic minorities
- English language--Acquisition.
- Minorities--Education (Elementary)--United States.
- English language--Study and teaching--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 74-86)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Family and human development