ABSTRACT Mexican Golden Age Cinema materialized the narratives of identity, unity and morality that became the obligated point of reference to understand social stability and mexicaness during the post-revolutionary period. Hence, film stars evolved into cultural icons that embodied the representation of patriarchal order as a synonym for nationalism.
Download count: 0
- Gender Studies
- Film Studies
- Cultural Anthropology
- Lesbian Motherhood
- Mexican Golden Age Cinema
- Post-Revolutionary Discourse
- Sapphic Romance
- Motion picture actors and actresses--Mexico.
- Motion picture actors and actresses
- Lesbians in the motion picture industry--Social aspects--Mexico.
- Lesbians in the motion picture industry
- Women in motion pictures--Social aspects--Mexico.
- Women in motion pictures
- Sex role in motion pictures--Social aspects--Mexico.
- Sex role in motion pictures
- Grandmothers in literature--Social aspects--Mexico.
- Grandmothers in literature
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-251)Note typebibliography
- Spanish and EnglishNote typelanguage
- Field of study: Spanish