This research presents an analysis of the main institutions and economic incentives that drive farmers behaviors on water use in the Chancay-Lambayeque basin, located in Lambayeque (Peru), a semi arid area of great agricultural importance. I focus my research on identifying the underlying causes of non-collaborative behaviors in regard to water appropriation and infrastructure provisioning decision that generates violent conflicts between users.
Download count: 0
- Water resources management
- Dynamic Modeling
- Game Theory
- Institutional Analysis
- Property Rights
- Water Management
- Water-supply, Agricultural--Peru--Lambayeque--Management.
- Water-supply, Agricultural
- Farmers--Peru--Lambayeque--Social conditions.
- Sustainable development--Peru--Lambayeque.
- Sustainable development
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 116-120)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Sustainability