The research presented explores traditional Chinese visual design elements with a goal of incorporating them into contemporary design. It seeks to provide insight into how Chinese and non-Chinese designers and non-designers recognize common visual design elements as being associated with Chinese design. As a result, the research explores three characteristics: a) handicraft; b) naturalism; and c) design with meaning, which can be key points in understanding traditional Chinese design.
Download count: 0
- Apply culture into contemporary design
- Design elements
- Traditional Chinese culture
- Decorative arts--China--History.
- Decoration and ornament--China--History.
- Decorative arts--China--Themes, motives.
- Decorative arts
- Decoration and ornament--China--Themes, motives.
- Decorative arts--Chinese influences.
- Decoration and ornament--Chinese influences.
- Partial requirement for: M.S.D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 92-99)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Design