An integral part of teacher development are teacher observations. Many teachers are observed once or twice a year to evaluate their performance and hold them accountable for meeting standards. Instructional coaches, however, observe and work with teachers to help them reflect on their performance, with the goal of improving their practice. Video-based evidence has long been used in connection with teacher reflection and as the technology necessary to record video has become more readily available, video recordings have found an increasing presence in teacher observations.
Download count: 0
- Educational technology
- Educational leadership
- Instructional Coaching
- Reflective teaching
- Mentoring in education
- Teachers--Rating of--Evaluation.
- Teachers--In-service training.
- Video recording in school management and organization--Evaluation.
- Video recording in school management and organization
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 114-125)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational technology