Statistical process control (SPC) and predictive analytics have been used in industrial manufacturing and design, but up until now have not been applied to threshold data of vital sign monitoring in remote care settings. In this study of 20 elders with COPD and/or CHF, extended months of peak flow monitoring (FEV1) using telemedicine are examined to determine when an earlier or later clinical intervention may have been advised.
Download count: 0
- Biomedical Engineering
- Clinical Decision Suppport Tool
- Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics
- Statistical Process Control
- Telecommunication in medicine
- Process control--Statistical methods.
- Older people--Medical care--Effect of technological innovations on.
- Older people
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 143-148)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Engineering