For the past 30 years wildlife biologists have debated the need of pronghorn antelope (Antilocapra americana) to drink freestanding water (free water). Some have suggested that pronghorn may feed at night to increase preformed water (plant moisture) intake, thus decreasing their dependence on free water. Pronghorn diet composition and nutrient intake is integral to understanding water available to pronghorn through preformed and metabolic sources.
Download count: 0
- Wildlife Management
- Wildlife conservation
- Pronghorn--Food--Arizona--Perry Mesa Archaeological District.
- Pronghorn--Water requirements--Arizona--Perry Mesa Archaeological District.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 92-103)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Applied biological sciences