Many studies over the past two decades examined the link between climate patterns and discharge, but few have attempted to study the effects of the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) on localized and watershed specific processes such as nutrient loading in the Southwestern United States. The Multivariate ENSO Index (MEI) is used to describe the state of the ENSO, with positive (negative) values referring to an El Niño condition (La Niña condition).
Download count: 0
- Hydrologic sciences
- El Nino
- Upper Salt River Watershed
- Southern oscillation
- Ocean-atmosphere interaction
- Watershed ecology--Arizona--Salt River Watershed.
- Watershed ecology
- Precipitation (Meteorology)--Arizona--Salt River Watershed.
- Precipitation (Meteorology)
- Nutrient pollution of water--Arizona--Salt River Watershed.
- Nutrient pollution of water
- Sedimentation and deposition--Arizona--Salt River Watershed.
- Sedimentation and deposition
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 37-39)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Biology