The purpose of this study is to portray kindergarten teachers' developmentally appropriate practices in order to authenticate the essential component of play. Recently, student achievement has been the primary focus in Early Childhood Education, and play is seen as an action that precludes academic learning. This is a qualitative study of teachers' perceptions and teaching practices through observations, interviews, surveys, and journal reflections.
Download count: 0
- Child-Inititated Play
- National Board Certification
- National Board Standards
- Teacher directed educational play
- Play--United States.
- Kindergarten--Curricula--United States.
- Kindergarten teachers--United States--Attitudes.
- Kindergarten teachers
- Early childhood education--Standards--United States.
- Early Childhood Education
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 150-155)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (Early childhood education)